Our policy at Dunn Chiropractic & Rehab is to provide excellent chiropractic care in a warm and welcoming environment. We gratefully accept referrals and new patients.
Your 1st Visit:
- Be sure to bring a picture ID, such as a driver’s license.
- If you have insurance coverage, be sure to bring your insurance card, so we can verify your eligibility and your chiropractic healthcare benefits.
- You will be asked to fill out in-take forms, which collect demographic and medical history information, so we can have a thorough understanding of your symptoms and complaints
- You will meet with Dr. Dunn, who will review your medical history, symptoms and complaints and determine, if you are a candidate for chiropractic care.
- If Dr. Dunn determines you are a candidate for chiropractic care, he will perform a thorough orthopedic and neurologic examination and determine if any additional tests, such as, x-rays, MRIs, EMGs, CT scans, etc. are necessary.
- After reviewing all of the exam findings, and if adequate information is available, Dr. Dunn will determine if he can accept you as a patient, and if treatment is appropriate on the 1st visit.
- If Dr. Dunn determines you are not a good candidate for chiropractic care or your conditions will not likely respond to chiropractic care, he will explain why and will refer you to an appropriate physician.
Your 2nd Visit:
- Dr. Dunn will give you a Report of Findings (ROF), where he will discuss your exam findings, diagnosis, your treatment options, the anticipated treatment outcomes (prognosis), and whether or not he can accept you as a patient.
- If Dr. Dunn accepts you as a patient, he will discuss your treatment plan, treatment schedule and give you an opportunity to ask questions.
- If Dr. Dunn can accept you as a patient, Dr. Dunn and you will determine the date your treatment plan should begin.